Red Beans and Rice (From Cooking Light)
- Rice (which I make in my rice cooker. I only make jasmine rice, because I am a rice elitest)
- 1 cup (or whatever) frozen red, yellow and green bell pepper mix (or fresh)
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt-free Cajun seasoning (or more)
- Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Tabasco hot pepper sauce (smoked jalapeños, it’s divine!)
- 1 can dark kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Frozen corn (or fresh)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Sauté everything. Add tomatoes and hot sauce and seasonings. Put over rice.
I know, my instructions aren’t that great, but that’s what I do! And it tastes WONDERFUL. If you guys have any wonderful vegetarian recipes, please pass them my way. Thank you!