I cannot believe I succumbed to this.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
1. I love my major. I love everything about what I am doing right now. I have a great job in Social Work research, a great volunteer opportunity, and hopefully, a fucking awesome practicum next year. Grad school, here I come!
2. I am finally in a healthy relationship. It took me 19.5 years to do this right. I’ve never been happier or less self-destructive.
3. This may not be random to some of you, but my senior year in high school I was suspended for drinking at a school-sponsored Battle of the Bands. I don’t remember anything after 7:30 pm, that day. It was also my 18th birthday. And yes, I AM going to party like I’m eighteen.
4. I’ve never had any pets. Well, not really. I got goldfish one year for my birthday. Six of them. They all died, one day after the next. It took six days. But what can you expect? They were from Wal-Mart.
5. I’m not a sad emo kid anymore, but I still love Bright Eyes. Also, I fucking LOVE Cut Copy’s album, “Bright Like Neon Love.” I can listen to that album at ANY time, and be happy.
6. I don’t watch much TV, but I love House, M.D. and my new favorite, The Wire. And Flight of the Conchords (PS: They’re going on tour, and the closest they come is St. Louis! Not fair).
7. I have more diseases than anyone else, I bet. And most of those diseases are ones that like 1 in 20,000 other people get. Biliary Atresia, Psoriasis, a Cyst around one of my wisdom teeth (if we hadn’t found it in time, it would have split my jaw in half, and they would have had to take bone from my thigh to fix it), etc etc etc.
8. I fucking LOVE Tiramisu. I love love love it.
9. I love cleaning. I mean, I’m a normal human being, I can’t clean all the time. But I have a breaking point, and it doesn’t have to be THAT dirty for me to go NUTS. So, I clean a lot. And vacuum. In the middle of the night. Because I’m fucking crazy.
10. I’ve started collecting and buying jewelry. I also love headbands.
11. I love food blogs (http://www.tastespotting.com & http://www.foodgawker.com) and FOODTV. Fuck, I could watch the foodnetwork everyday. Additionally, I love cooking. And am fucking good at it too. Yum.
12. I grind my teeth at night. The sound resembles that of a train, very close up. If I continue, I might not have teeth anymore. I had a night guard, to stop this, but I ground it out of my mouth every morning. …Yeah, I suck.
13. I have worked retail since I was 16. I have worked at Target, Wal-Mart, K-mart and TJ Maxx. Thank fucking god I’m not doing that so much anymore. However, I do LOVE my TJ girls.
14. I do not have a Twitter, nor an Iphone. I don’t think I’ll be getting either of them any time soon. Sorry Philly.
15. I am a political, social animal. I’m very liberal, and I’m a strong feminist. I want equal rights for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, age, gender, and ability (and anything else I missed). I don’t think I’m asking for too much. I’m very opinionated, and frankly, I’ll tell you what’s up. Deal with it.
16. I have a blog! I write in it consistently, about current news, or things I’m doing in school. I enjoy writing in it, and I hope you enjoy reading it. Comment! Let me know what you think. Stop being creepers. http://mchakrabarti.blogspot.com
17. I’m great at making friends. I’m really fucking awful at keeping them. I think, however, on some level, it’s necessary to understand that when I go through things, I become very introverted. And that’s how I deal (or don’t deal).
18. I love warm summer rains (the rain is so beautiful!)
19. I hate doing my hair. I look like shit 90% of the time, but it takes so fucking long to straighten my hair, and it gets so fucking hot, that I pretty much don’t do it unless I have to. This is an interesting fact, considering I’ve decided to grow my hair out. We’ll see how THAT goes.
20. I pretty much grew up in Manhattan, KS. However, I only really talk to one person in that still lives in that town anymore. And I guess I like it that way. There are a few people I’d like to keep in touch with, but as aforementioned, I’m really bad at that.
21. I work very fucking hard at everything I do. Consistently and constantly. And I’m fucking good at the things I do. However, it’s made it hard for me to remember to do things like go out and have fun. Whoops.
22. I hate US Health policy. Fuck not having Universal Health Care.
23. I haven’t been able to sleep without some sort of aid since I was 14. I’m pretty much hooked on Benadryl. I can literally NOT sleep without it.
24. I love Sailor Moon and Lisa Frank. I’m actually a seven-year-old girl.
25. My favorite places in the continental US are Chicago and Minneapolis. If I could live in either of those places, I would, in a heartbeat. Chicago, especially.