I also posted this on my facebook.
So, don’t cheat, you cheater, you.
Also, since you won’t be able to see the results from facebook,
I’ll post the names of the songs after the get claimed.
Step 1: Put your music player on random.
Step 2: Post the first line (or so, some are hard) from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly (No lyric hunting! That’s cheating! Also checking my last.fm, if you’re that desperate, counts as cheating, bucko.)
PS: I may have cheated. This may or may not be the first line.
1. God asked Noah if he wanted to die. He said, “No sir. Oh no, Sir.”
2. Who do you think taught you to smoke trees? (“Forgot About Dre” -Dr. Dre feat. Eminem, Brandon)
3. Lazy butterfly napping on me, dreaming of the sky and roly polys. (“Lazy Butterfly” -Devendra Banhart, Ian)
4. Gold is the sun, as she wonders where he’s gone. (“Future” -Cut Copy, Emily)
5. She broke your throne and she cut your hair. (“Hallelujah” -Jeff Buckley, Gordon)
6. Then we’ll go to Omaha to work and exploit the booming music scene and humility. (“The Execution of All Things” -Rilo Kiley, Emily)
7. Put put put that pussy on me. (Oh come on, that was a give away). (“Put That Pussy on Me” -Spank Rock, Emily)
8. Should I feel flattered that you hate everything but me?
9. You were such a P.Y.T., catching all the lights. (“D.A.N.C.E.” -Justice, Emily)
10. Come around and around, just like we breakdown. (Again, easy as pie). (“D.A.N.C.E.” -Justice, Emily)
11. We can do anything we want to.
12. Papier-mâché parade on at night. That’s what you do with no sunlight.
13. But, you won’t let those robots eat me. (“Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1” -The Flaming Lips, Bri)
14. Vertebrae by vertebrae, roll your way out of a coma. (“Live it Out” -Metric, John)
15. There’s no time for fighting, any sex is personal. (“Sex is Personal” -The Faint, John)
16. We’re drunk, Little Apple girl, we’re drunk. (“Little Apple Girl” -Ultimate Fakebook, Shruti)
17. Ladies, up in here, no fighting. No fighting. (“Hips Don’t Lie” -Shakira feat. Wyclef, Annie)
18. They know I got that broccoli, so I keep that glock on me.
19. Swing low satellite, hot white chariot. (“The Happiest Place on Earth” -The Desaparecidos, Sean)
20. My goodies, my goodies, my goodies. Not my goodies. (ha!) (“Goodies” -Ciara, Emily)
21. This boat is obviously sinking. (“Shit Luck” -Modest Mouse, Kyle)
22. The only girl I’ve ever loved, was born with roses in her eyes. (“Holland, 1945” -Neutral Milk Hotel, Annie)
23. This song will become the anthem of your underground. (Good lord, I haven’t heard this in centuries) (“At Your Funeral” -Saves the Day, Brandon)
24. Come on Alex, you can do it. Come on Alex, there’s nothing to it! (“Neighborhood #2 (Laika)” -The Arcade Fire, Emily)
25. I know it’s past visiting hours, but can I just bring her these flowers? (“Roses” -Kanye West, Emily)
26. You’re a beautiful boy. You’re a sweet little kid, but I am a woman. (“Take it Easy (Love Nothing)” -Bright Eyes, Sean)
27. I ain’t no vision, I’m the girl who loves you inside and out. Backwards and forwards with my heart hanging out. (“Inside and Out” -Feist, Annie)
28. I remember December, and I wanna hear what you have to say about me. (“I Remember” -Damien Rice, Bri)
29. We wanna take you to the moon and back. We wanna give you a heart attack.
30. I wasn’t jealous before we met. Now every woman I see is a potential threat. (This might have been harder, approximately a year ago. It might still be hard, but much easier now.)
I think this is quite a bit easier than Annie’s.